Buying an HDB resale flat is a long term financial commitment. To help you secure your HDB resale flat more easily, the Government provides housing subsidies in the form of CPF grants.
You can use the CPF housing grant for the initial payment for the HDB resale flat purchase. It can help you with your cash flow, reduce your initial cash outlay, reduce the mortgage loan amount.
Following are the various CPF Housing Grant Schemes offered by the Government:
- CPF Housing Grant for Family – Eligible first-timer applicants (married / engaged couples or families), who are buying an HDB resale flat, can apply for the Family Grant.
- CPF Housing Grant for Singles – Eligible first-timer applicants (single, aged 35 or above), who are buying an HDB resale flat, can apply for the Single Grant.
- Half-Housing Grant – Eligible first-timer applicants whose spouse / spouse-to-be had previously received a housing subsidy, can apply for the Half-Housing Grant.
- Proximity Housing Grant (PHG) – Eligible HDB buyers who are buying an HDB resale flat to live near or together with their parents can apply for the Proximity Housing Grant.
- Additional CPF Housing Grant (AHG) – Eligible lower to middle-income first-timer applicants (married / engaged couples or families), who are buying an HDB resale flat, can apply for the Additional CPF Housing Grant.
- Citizen Top-up – An SC/SPR household will qualify for the Citizen Top-Up, when a qualifying household member becomes a Singapore Citizen.
- Top-up Grant – Recipients of a Singles Grant previously are now eligible for the Family Grant, will qualify for the Top-up Grant.
Please refer to the individual CPF Housing Grant Schemes for more information.